1/15/08

Rebbeocracy


As I was filling out my application to become a member of the New York Bar, I reached a question which caused me to pause:

'Have you ever organized or helped to organize or become a member of any organization or group of persons which, during the period of your membership or association, you knew was advocating or teaching that the government of the United States should be overthrown or overturned by force, violence or any unlawful means?'
As members of the revolution, we believe not in democracy, but rather in Rebbeocracy. We seek a new order, and the reign of Rebbe. How can I answer this question?

2 comments:

Danimal said...

I actually have to differ with you here--- it is only by presenting Rebbe as one of the many options available to free Americans that we can be sure of the true alliegance of those who publicly follow.

Akiva Ben Canaan said...

My point is - Rebbe is our leader, and we must follow his commandin any and every situation - even if Rebbe should ask us to break the law or overthrow a snag government. This is an issue of allegiance.