10/29/08

Super Hero




Rebbe is my superhero. Lets face it, he is and I'm not afraid to admit it. heck, I've said a lot of other things that might raise some eyebrows. Rebbe is my grade A bona-fide superhero. If I HAD to compare Rebbe to some of the other superheros out there...well I would not compare him to someone who was bitten by a radioactive spider, or some guy who was from planet Krypton, Rebbes not like Flash, Thor, Hulk, or even Super Grover. You want to know which superhero is most like Rebbe? It's BATMAN. Know why? Because they are both homegrown. They were not handed any superpowers on some super silver platter.They made it by the grace of G-d,blood, and spit.
I remember one time in shuir Rebbe was talking about different types of Rebbes. He mentioned some Rebbes who he felt were born with their superhero-ness, while other Rebbes were not. I think Rebbe mentioned R. Feinstein as being one those who were born with it.
How do I know Rebbe was not born with it? How do I even know Rebbe was even born? All good questions, I don't know for sure, but I have some ideas...
For instance, for those of the chevra who have not watched this weeks naaleh maa'ymer- Rebbe discusses the Arizal on the sin of Adam and Eve. He talks about the snakes argument that the level of Avodah would be much higher if Adam and Eve would ingest the fruit and bring about a bigger temptation and challenge. Arizal says that this actually was supposed to happen, BUT on Shabbas, when the evil inclination is much milder, as Rebbe puts it. It would be a sweeter challenge. Rebbe gave the example of having 10 thousand dollars in front of him, and stealing it and hiding out in Africa as opposed to not having any money on the table and not having that temptation. Rebbe actually has discussed two yetzer hara-like inclinations that he has, if anyone wants to talk about, you know where I can be founds. Just ask Dr. Kimball.

No comments: