2/17/09

Rebbe Ethics

While I certainly don't sympathize with the drive by media, I feel compelled to try and make some sense of the lunch time quarrel that has invaded my sanctuary. You see when I enter the land of Rebbe I expect to encounter Golems and Cossacks and evil galachim. I hope to meet lamed vav tailors, poor orphaned brides, and a zakain mamrei look alike (who I happen to have chilled with in Brooklyn). If I here about a Rabbi entering a church I want him to exit many hours later with a teary eyed bishop at his side. and so I am left to ponder whether our friend Akivah has gone too far this time. Where does the line get drawn? How are us simpletons supposed to coexist in a revolution that some have turned into an editorial column to be read during the rabbi's sermon? How long must we see our Rebbe maligned and see his Torah traded for poor journalism? I call upon every banana eating, geulah seeking, rubin davening, east gate of Jerusalem meeting (OK you get my drift) chasid, to drop kick (hope the show was good danimal) the pseudo intelligentsia back to the seforim sale, and return to the peshuto shel mikra, good old fashion hooliganism.....In the name of rebbe of course

1 comment:

Akiva Ben Canaan said...

If Rebbe, and everything Rebbe stands for, did not require any defense, then what is the need for a Defense Minister? Or for a Field Commander, for that matter?

Or have Machinegunfodder and his pacifist yogourt propaganda cronies gone soft?

Did you protest when those who dared attack Rebbe were hit with rubber chickens and blowdarts? Then why do you protest now?

The ends justify the means, my friend. We live in a scary world and snags must be outed - in broad daylight - or our silence will only egg them on.