4/17/07

Michael Shapiro Mission Update


Yidden-


As I wrote before, I spent the second days of the Holy Redemption Holliday in Phoenix, AZ. As many of you know, Michael Shapiro lives in Scottsdale, AZ, a subarb of Phoenix. Before I got on the plane to go, I wrote Michael Shapiro an email that I have been touched by his music over the past years, and would love to meet him while I would be in PHX so I could personally buy the new cd from him. In response, this is what he wrote:

"Dear Josh,

Thank you for contacting me and for your kind words about the music. I do appreciate knowing that this music has touched others and brought joy to their lives. If you prefer, I can send you the Cd's by mail and you can send a check made to Beyond 12 Gates to 1229 E. Angela Dr. Phoenix, AZ. 85022. Just let me know which ones you would like and a shipping address. They are $12 each and $2 total for any size order for the postage. Let me know if this works for you and thank you.

with gratitude,

Michael Shapiro"

After seeing this, I realized that this would not be the right time to visit Michael Shapiro. As the holliday ended, I lost much hope, since I didnt think that I would be returning to PHX in the near future. Suddenly, my dad remarked that if he ever came back, he would drive from LA to PHX instead of flying. I turned to him and asked how long the drive was, and he said 5-6 hrs. This new info gave me new hope, and now I have a tentative plan to drive from LA to PHX this summer to meet Michael Shapiro. This may include many things, including propaganda (YoGo, get started), shaving my beard and/or payus (unclear), and wearing a do-rag and aerosmith shirt. If anyone else is interested, please let me know.

I will be out in the garden waiting for you and your responses

1 comment:

Akiva Ben Canaan said...

The disappointment is bitter...

Another foiled opportunity.