4/20/07

Rebbe Reichman Arrested

I was riding in a car with Rabbi Avi Weiss of HIR in Riverdale, and we were speaking of the upcoming act of civil disobedience that Rabbi Weiss and others planned to take part in a few days later.

I must have mentioned something about Rebbe Reichman, because Rabbi Weiss turned around (he was in the front seat), and said "oh, yeah, Heshe, he and I have been arrested together before." I was a bit stunned at first, and then asked when this occurred. Rabbi Weiss thought it was probably in the early 90's.

Rebbe Trivia anyone?

2 comments:

vanil YOGOurt said...

I dont know of Rebbe ever getting arrested with R. Weiss, BUT I know of a different story...

It was awhile ago and Rebbe was in Israel. The goverment was taking away some land from Jews or something like that-so of course there was a protest of a sit in. I think it might have been some of Rebbe's shilo chevra. The riot squad was going around and violently dragging ppl away and throwing them into vans...but initially they would give you a choice, they would tap you on the shoulder...either you would get up and leave or get dragged-which meant you would be all bloody from the rough flood. When Rebbe's turn came-Rebbe walked...Rebbe said he was tol old to be dragged at that time. hehe- Rebbe-you are the best

Li'get said...

Danimal-

I heard from someone that Rebbe was arrested before when they used to go and protest at the UN building whenever someone who was aginst the Jews would come in.